PebbleCreek Quilters


PEBBLECREEK QUILTERS
ANNUAL BOARD MEETING
January 2, 2018
 

BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT:  Chris Booth, Jean Fry, Helen Phillips, JoEllen Cruze, Donna Aybar, Sandy Crabtree, Pam Branfuhr, Mary Sheldon, Priscilla Naworski, Cathy Howell and Wendy Gilbert.

COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT:  Irene Lukes, Patsy Wagner, Millissa Masters, Barb Maurer.


Also present:  Webmaster Ronda Jones, and Linda Shaver, Emeritus 

Chris Booth called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.  The December 4, 2017 Board meeting minutes stand approved as posted. 

REPORTS OF OFFICERS AND STANDING COMMITTEES: 

President:  Chris Booth welcomed new 2018 Board and Committee members. 

Vice President:  No report.
Secretary:  No report. 


Treasurer:  JoEllen Cruze stated the current balance is $15,045.  Payment has not been made for the December luncheon.  Treasurer’s report is available on the website. 

Programs/Education:  Sandy Crabtree reported nothing is currently scheduled. 

Community Service:  Donna Aybar reported a community service project is scheduled for January 6, “adopt a quilt” from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Kits have been prepared.  Kits will also be available for members at the general meeting.  This will be a challenge project and completed quilts will be shown in December. 

On February 17, the community service project will be “fiddle vests.” 

Plans are to have a community service project each month on a Saturday. 

Long Arm:  Chris Booth reported issues with the long arm are being addressed. 

Publicity:  No report. 

Sales:  Pam Branfuhr reported placemats are needed for sale in the Gallery.  Kits will be prepared and available starting Wednesday evening, January 17. 

Social:  Mary Sheldon reported the January 6 community service project will also be a social event. 

Librarian:  No report.
Historian:  No report.

Webmaster:  Ronda Jones requested recommendations for any changes to the website. 

Display Window:  Cathy Howell requested suggestions for the display window, and would like to know if any member has a collection to display. 

SPECIAL COMMITTEES 

Opportunity Quilt:  With respect to the 2017 Opportunity Quilt, JoEllen Cruze reported tickets sold totaled $1,650, and expenses totaled $337, resulting in income of $1,313. 

Cathy Howell presented the 2018 Opportunity Quilt, “Dresden Plate”.  Jean Fry pieced the quilt with help from members, Cindy Santoro did the quilting, and Cathy Howell added the sleeve.  Chris Booth reported after photos are taken, tickets will be printed.   A committee will be needed to take charge of ticket sales. 

Quilt Show:  Barb Maurer and Millissa Masters reported on status of plans for the 2018 Quilt Show to be held on March 18, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  Set up for the show will be on March 17.  Quilts are to be delivered by members at noon on March 17.  Forms have been distributed to the members and are also available on the website for items to be displayed.  Forms are to be turned in by February 12.  Each member may display up to three items.  Karen Bogadi will conduct a quilt turning on a personal collection of quilts.  The quilt show will be open to the public, and no fee will be charged to attend.  The Gallery will be open during the quilt show and any sales can be made through the Gallery.  Any questions should be directed to Barb Maurer or Millissa Masters. 

Challenge Quilt:  No report.
Documentation:  No report. 

OLD BUSINESS: 

Priscilla Naworski stated the donated quilting tools and fabrics were very much appreciated by the quilters affected by the Santa Rosa, California fire.

NEW BUSINESS: 

Chris Booth reported Donna Wisnoski will be auditing the 2017 books. 

A budget meeting is scheduled for January 3 at 9:00 a.m.

Donna Aybar presented a tote of quilt top items and squares pieced by Sue Godwin that was delivered to Cindy Santoro by Sue Godwin’s daughters.  Pam Branfuhr motioned we use the completed pieced Christmas quilt top for the 2019 Opportunity Quilt.  Helen Phillips seconded the motion.  After discussion, the motion carried.  Chris Booth will ask for a volunteer to quilt this item.

Wendy Gilbert offered to purchase the water color quilt blocks.

The vintage items will be delivered to Donna Wisnoski for recommendations.

Donna Aybar will put the remaining squares in “adopt a quilt” kits. 

Chris Booth noted the annual membership meeting will be held on January 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m., with a social beginning at 6:30 p.m., in the Coyote Room. 

The next board meeting will be held on February 5, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in the Diamondback Room. 

Jean Fry moved the meeting be adjourned, and  Donna Aybar seconded.  Members approved.
 

Respectfully submitted
By Helen Phillips