PebbleCreek Quilters

September 5, 2017 

BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT:  Chris Booth, Helen Phillips, JoEllen Cruze, Karen Bogadi, Donna Aybar, Linda Shaver, Pam Murphy, Joanne Kraatz, Pam Branfuhr, Mary Sheldon, and Liz Gray. 

Also present:  Nancy Treece, Emeritus 

Chris Booth called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.  The June 5, 2017 Board  meeting minutes were approved as posted. 


President:  Chris Booth reported a quilt has been delivered to Sue Jackson.

Vice President:  Chris Booth noted Iris Weise is working on the December luncheon. 

Secretary:  No report. 

Treasurer:  JoEllen Cruze reported the current balance is $13,589.  She also suggested the website reflect only a summary report.  After discussion, the Board decided to change the treasurer’s report on the website to contain only the summary report. 


  Linda Shaver reported in August there were two sessions for the big bag class taught by Mary Sheldon. 

Sue Whaples will have a skill builders’ class for a Judy Niemeyer table topper with a workshop on September 12 and class on September 26.  Patterns will be ordered. 

Kathy Howell will teach a steampunk class on October 6. 

Monday evening sessions will be starting up again this fall. 

Karen Bogadi will be working with the pinhead group this fall. 

Marlene Kuskie will be taking charge of the modern quilt group this fall. 

The Farmer’s wife group will commence meeting in October. 

Pam Branfuhr will be hosting the Wednesday evening sewing beginning at 4 p.m. 

Community Service:  Donna Aybar reported there are currently 30 quilts in the closet ready for distribution.  Recently 11 quilts were given to Southwest Advocacy.  After some discussion, it was decided the next  breast cancer pillow workshop will be next May as there are several in the cabinets.  Donna Aybar will check into donating breast cancer pillows to the Cancer Center. 

Donna Aybar mentioned Wendy Gilbert has reserved the Diamondback Room on October 14.  If anyone wants to help make items to sell to raise money for the scholarship fund for Perryville Prison, please contact Wendy Gilbert. 

New quilt labels have arrived and are located in the cabinet.

Long Arm:  Joanne Kraatz reported the long arm has been running perfectly, although Chris Booth noted that the long arm stopped for no apparent reason a couple of times while she used it recently. 

Publicity:  Karen Bogadi reported she will be following up with Sun Valley Quilts about selling Opportunity Quilt tickets in their store during the shop hop.  Chris Booth has been in contact with Arizona Quilts and we are scheduled to sell tickets there on November 18.  Tickets will also be sold at the PC Festival the first week in December. 

Sales:  Pam Branfuhr reported there were $98.75 in sales from the Gallery.  Judy Frank is working on some kits for a workshop to make table runners and napkins to be sold in the Gallery.  The first workshop will be on October 4 at 4 pm. 

Social:  Mary Sheldon has scheduled a social for Monday evening, September 18, and several people will be doing/learning the twister technique.

Librarian:  No report.
Historian:  No report.
Webmaster:  No report. 

Display Window:  Liz Gray reported Sue Whaples’ quilt is currently on display. 

SPECIAL COMMITTEES                                                

Quilt Show:  Chris Booth reported the weekend of March 16, 2018, has been submitted for the activities center calendar.  More details to be determined. 

Documentation:  No report. 


Chris Booth noted Joni Reynertson is looking for a quilt display rack to use to display the Gravity Quilt at the benefit dinner on October 6 for the Crisis Pregnancy Center.  It was also noted that the Crisis Pregnancy Center is not currently on the list of charities that we support. 


Karen Bogadi motioned that a $15 gift card to Arizona Quilts or Sun Valley Quilts be given to the volunteers selling Opportunity Quilt tickets at Sun Valley Quilts in October during the shop hop and at Arizona Quilts on November 18.  After discussion, said motion was approved. 

Donna Aybar reported 20 patriotic quilt tops have been made, some are completely finished and the remainder should be completed by November.  Discussions were had about the presentation of the quilts.  Donna Aybar will check with the Activities Center to see if the presentations can be made on Veterans Day at the Veterans Plaza.  Linda Shaver will check on a speaker. 

Donna Aybar mentioned that a couple of the cutting mats need to be replaced and/or cleaned.  Chris Booth will check on those mats. 

Karen Bogadi  moved the meeting be adjourned, and Linda Shaver seconded.  Board members approved. 

Respectfully submitted
By Helen Phillips